Friday, August 14, 2015

I'm Not Perfect

It feels like forever since I've felt like writing or painting.  This happens on occasion and the words simply aren't there or I can't be bothered to pick up a brush.
 To be honest, I simply get jammed up in my own head. I don't know if this happens to other people or not but I know for me..it happens a lot..getting jammed in my own head that is!!! I think far too much at times,  it hijacks my brain and robs me of my creativity. I can't help it..I'm a thinker.
Its frustrating because the very thing I know that brings me joy I can't tap into. The level of frustration I  equate it to is,  sitting with a rubicks cube , attempting for days to put that sucker together, ok who am I kidding , attempting for months with no success! Arrgh..FU@K!!
The most famous writers experience "writer's block" and painters don't feel like touching the canvas, it happens.
The more you fight it, the less it comes.  I don't fight it. I know it will come back because I trust my gift. I don't take it for granted.  I do feel pressure when the words don't come. I can't even begin to explain how the words come to me ..all I can say is when they come I have to stop everything.
I recently spent 5 wonderful  days back home with my best friend ,  exploring and sharing the culture in which I grew up. Sharing memories,  time at the ocean , in nature , moments with family and old friends , my heart was overflowing with joy.

Thankfully, my gift came back and shortly upon returning my heart was flooded with the following words:

I'm not perfect and that's ok
I've got people who love me 
Anyway
I'm not perfect and neither are you
Let's stop judging and shine on 
Thru
I'm not perfect and neither is my life
Ups and downs like a yo-yo guaranteed happiness throw in a little
Strife
I'm not perfect and neither is the world
Forever changing
Filled with hope
Tainted with badness
Glowing with desire
Edged in crazy
Embraced in hugs
Surrounded by beauty
I'm not perfect and that's ok 
I've got people who love me
Anyway
I'm not perfect 
But I love deeply thru it all.
Tracey ( August 2015)
Copywrite Yes You Can Coaching

Sometimes all we need to do is relax.  To step outside of our heads and let our hearts lead. Stop for a moment and breathe..slow the pace. Its not easy when every day life pressures want to keep you tied to the pace at which society thinks you should move. That's when you need to stop..remember your pace..remember what is important to you.
We all have a gift to share with the world..our purpose is to find it, embrace it , and allow it to bring us joy so that we can share it with others.

I hope you find your gift and share it with the world if you haven't already. Remember , when it gets lost , and believe me it will from time to time..hang in there..you will find it again. For those still searching to find their gift..if something brings you joy..keep exploring it.

Its one poem..I am grateful.

Next ..time to pick up the paint brush and see what comes.

“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment