Sunday, October 21, 2012

Keep it Simple Stupid..A message to Remember!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxfHB5wPWeQ

This past week I had the great fortune to attend and MC an Award's gala recognizing Trade Excellence in Canada. During the evening there was a guest speaker who delivered a very engaging one hour  presentation on Leadership Qualities. One sentence Keep It Simple Stupid.That resonated with me.
He shared some interesting stories , and he posed a question. Could you build a successful company transportation company that would compete with FedEx and UPS companies of the world , with no technology, no university degrees? Perhaps a trick question to some, as most people in the room thought impossible. Then he shared a video..the story of the Dabbawalas. Never heard of the Dabbawalas? Check out the link above..impressive and if you think about what makes this system so successful it brings us back to the basic concepts.
On October 14th, Felix Baumgartner makes history. Setting several world records, and daring to do something no body thought possible , a feat I feel is compariable to the first man walking on the moon.
How about Malala Yousafazai, a 14 year old girl shot in the head by the Taliban because she is promoting education for woman in her country?
What do all these examples have in common..everyday people who believe in themselves, who have courage and incredible resolve to make the world a better place and to challenge the age old thinking..it can't be done!
I sit back and I ponder these stories..I think of my own story..and I am excited in the proof that keeps showing itself to me over and over...IF YOU THINK YOU CAN YOU CAN!!

Everyday people..passion...believing...dreaming...courage...risk...love..change..

We complicate the hell out of things..for various personal reasons I leave that for another day...but the message in my opinion and said with love and compassion

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!!  :)

Love and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment