Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How do You view the world?

As I was sitting enjoying my java last evening I of course allowed my mind to wander . What else is new!! Last evening my mind wandered to a joyful place.
Have you ever watched a child's face as they embark on a new adventure? Whether it be finding that magical rock or stick that instantly becomes a magic wand or sword that will fight dragons or transform them into a super hero.  How about the look on their  face when they hear the sound of the ice cream truck soon approaching?
Fast forward a few generations and have you watched a senior's face as they hold the hand of their grandchild? How about when they open a card from a family member or simply look outside and gaze at the beauty mother nature has blessed us with?
I think to myself ..as a child  the world is viewed with innocent curiosity with the joy of a lifetime ahead..as we age we leave the world returning to that innocent wonder but through a more mature eye.... What happens to us in between?....
Maybe when life seems rough remembering to view the world through the eyes of a child or senior isnt so bad! How do you view the world?
Tough times won't last forever yet it can be tough to remember that...as I was thinking about this the following words came to me.... here it is..something to ponder:

Forever
Forever is not what we perceive
If only they would believe
Hardships will pass like scorn lovers in the night
Each new day brings hope and all will be alright
Forever is not what we perceive
Joy is in your heart
Waiting to be received

Tracey (June 2012)Copyright


No comments:

Post a Comment