Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A New Type of Leader

I wrote this poem in 2011 Inspired by the many positive changes we are seeing around the world. The importance of optimism,hope,kindness,forgiveness,sharing,compassion. Here we are in 2016 and it seems fitting again to share but for a different reason from when I originally intended.

In light of the USA election a new type of leader is required, a LEADER in all of us. Leaders that have the tenacity and faith to face the challenges and the opportunities that arise together because quite simply we have no choice!😊
I hope you enjoy reading ! xo

The World is Changing

The world is changing before my eyes
As rulers crumble and leaders rise
In every flower bursts a smile
The richness of colors I sit for awhile
To revel in the hope such a simple joy brings
Listen to the music playing as the angel sweetly sings
Overwhelming at times to comprehend how anger and hate stifle the air
With each raging fist and evil stare
People still fighting for a right to vote, to revenge a death, to love another
Why is it so hard to regard each other as a sister and brother?
It makes you wonder if we are ever truly free
When internally you discover you must let go so you can begin to see
Set aside your arrogance and ego for a time
Put yourself in the shoes of another it isn’t such a crime
Mother Nature is the mightiest force we will ever see
With conviction she is teaching lessons for you and me
All over the world homes, families, trinkets capturing memories are swiftly lost
The lessons of strength are being taught at a cost
A different set of emotions now fill the air
Is any of this just or fair?
As people find strength to begin from scratch
Hearts sheltered in hope like a hole in a pair of jeans with a brand new patch

I sit quietly and think about this emotion I am a hostage to that I can’t control
Its peace and love that resides deep in my soul

All of this anger and hate will it rid this world it’s hard to imagine and see
All I know for sure is that it can start with me
It doesn’t take long to feel the kindness from a warm embrace
To be captivated by the love and tenderness in a strangers face
It’s this kind of optimism that inspires me to the core of my soul
Living each day feeling grateful my striving goal
The world is changing before my eyes
As rulers crumble and leaders rise
Tracey Speares 
Copyright (May 2011)"

No comments:

Post a Comment