Monday, February 16, 2015

I Gotta A Feeling...

Waking up to an outdoor temperature registering -27 degrees C , the typical feeling would be damn it's cold out there. Yes even for a Canadian who really should be use to cold winter temperatures. In fact, I won't lie as soon as I opened the door to let my poor dog outside to pee, the thought was holy F$#k its cold. How crazy am I to think my little min pin who is all of 8 lbs would even consider wanting to cock his leg for natures calling. Poor little guy by the time he finishes, he can't decide which paw to hold up from touching the coldness of the snow. I can't even get mad at him for the odd accident inside, I wouldn't want to pee outside in this weather. That's a different story altogether!

In the midst of winter the gift of the blooming hibiscus warms my soul
 While the exterior might be projecting damn its cold out there.. on the inside the feeling of warmth brings comfort like a pair of warm long johns . Yes I GOTTA A FEELING...
I read this morning a beautiful piece from a book called Immortal Diamond that resonated so deeply with me. As Oprah declares the infamous "Ah Ha" moment.
It goes like this " Within us there is an inner, natural dignity. An inherent worthiness that already knows and enjoys. It is an immortal diamond waiting to be mined and is never discovered undesired. It is a reverence humming within you that must be honored." The finisher for me " Once in a while, this True Self becomes radiant and highly visible in one lovely place or person" 
When you experience that feeling, you know there is no turning back. How can you and why would you want to go back? How you see the world and everything in it changes. Its a gripping addictive feeling of the best kind.

Life is a reflection of what we believe, it determines what we can or cannot do. I think I've always known this to be true somewhere inside.
I am a firm believer that if we set our minds to something, there are no limits to what we can achieve. 
It may not be perfect. Why do we need perfection? It may not even be what others think it should be perhaps all that matters is that it is exactly what we believe it to be!! 
Honor yourself..honor what you know to be your true self, I promise you will know it when you feel it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment