Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dancing keeps you young at heart?


I am amazed at the things people are posting on utube these days. In fact, if I think about it too much its a scary thing as I see how people are using the technology to bully, embarass and do harm to other humans. What good comes from that?
Then there are those few video's  I come across that inspire me and restore my hope that technology can be a tool used to inspire and bring happiness into the lives of others. A viral video like the one I am sharing today. I hope it is ok that I am sharing this, it is everywhere on the internet so I like to think I can. I take no credit for it, just want to share the joy.
This 88 year old Nana who loves to dance as she gets into her granddaughter's car. I won't say anymore because I think the video really says it all about how young at heart this lovely lady is and how inspiring she is to her family.
I've always believed music is the conduit to joining people together,  to keeping ourselves young at heart whether we are singing loud in the car to the tunes or dancing around the kitchen with our kids or if you are single , the trusting broom that is always there when you are ready to whip around the floor!
In fact, music is so powerful it can alter any mood and is one of the greatest gifts we are blessed to have available to us!

On this fine Saturday morning as I sit and watch Nana and listen to the oldies I am inspired to get my mojo moving and do my own little shake rattle and roll routine as I head out to my car!

What do I have to lose except for a few extra pounds ?

Life is stressful at times  and guess what ,we all need to lighten up every now and then.
Take a few deep breathes ..let yourself go and then pause for a moment and check in with yourself and see how you feel!

Peace..and remember " if you light a lantern for another, it will also brighten your own way" Nichiren Daishonin

No comments:

Post a Comment